Hunter Mountain Ski Trips from NYC
Our trips are offered with the utmost in comfort and luxury in mind, while still being the most affordable in NYC. Our buses are luxury coaches with fully reclining seats therefore allowing you to sit back and sleep while we take you to the mountain for a day of skiing/snowboarding. As a result of our unparalleled services, we make it very convenient and affordable for you to visit the closest big mountain to NYC (~2 hours by bus) while you relax, sleep and connect with other skiing or snowboarding enthusiasts. Our Hunter mountain ski trips from NYC are definitely the best value day ski trips in New York City!
Slightly more intermediate and expert rated terrain versus other NY mountains, hence Hunter mountain can offer the experienced skier / rider a greater challenge. Otherwise, if you are just getting into the sport of skiing/snowboarding, Hunter’s approachable beginner terrain can still serve as a perfect learning ground.
Hunter mountain also touts the largest Snow Tubing Park in the state of New York – (for additional info, visit: http://www.huntermtn.com/winter/snow-tubing)
Below we provide some fun facts on Hunter mountain:
- 58 trails and 11 lifts, including one high-speed detachable sixes, and one high-speed detachable quad
- Top elevation is at 3,200 feet
- Vertical rise of 1,600 feet from the base
- Snowmaking covers 100% of the trail area of 240 acres
- Uphill capacity of 16,990 / hour
- 240 acres of skiable terrain
- 2 terrain parks with features sometimes located off the trails
You will receive your passes and equipment upon arrival at the mountain. You just need to show up at the bus pickup location at the correct time and we’ll take it from there.
Luxury Bus (roundtrip): $50
Luxury Bus + Pass: $95
Luxury Bus + Pass + Equipment(Ski): $140
Luxury Bus + Pass + Equipment(Snowboard): $140
Luxury Bus + Beginner Package + Pass + Equipment + Lesson: $125
*A lesson with a group can be added for $30.
*The full beginner package already includes a lesson.
Bus: Includes luxury bus transportation with fully reclining seats and movies to and from the mountain.
Pass: All area pass.
Equipment(Ski): Includes boots, mounted skis, poles and helmet.
Equipment(Snowboard): Includes mounted snowboard, boots and helmet.
Beginner Package: Includes luxury bus, equipment, beginner area pass, and a beginner group lesson.
We leave a little bit later to avoid the early morning lines at the mountain, which means you get an extra hour in bed. We also don’t want you too tired to enjoy your day. Essentially, we let you sleep in instead of leave you waiting in line at the mountain!
Bus Pickup Locations:
7:20am @ Union Square – 1 Union Sq. West (NW corner of 14th st. Union Sq. Way)
7:40am @ Times Square – 664 8th Ave (NE corner of 8th ave. and 42nd st.)
We should arrive at the mountain around 10am.
We will be leaving Hunter at 4:30pm.
If you miss your pickup location, please notify us ASAP, as we might assume you are not coming anymore, and give your seat to walk-ons. Please see the cancellation policy on the “Terms” tab for questions around cancellations and no-shows.
Registration / Cancellation Policy:
- Pre-register any time before the trip.
- All walk-ons are cash only, first come, first served – we don’t promise there will be seats.
- Refunds minus a 30% cancellation fee are possible for cancellations 72 hours or more in advance of your trip.
- For cancellations within 72 hours of the trip, 100% will be charged.
- No refunds or carry-overs on missed trips.